After a couple’s marriage they often plan well before having their child. Having a child is not as easy. Couples decide when they would be emotionally, physically and financially be able to support a child. But, sadly sometimes some couples have problems in conceiving a baby. There can be problems in the man as well as woman. Infertility is a very common and a wide spread thing and everyone is aware of it. But somehow, in our society talking about a man’s infertility is taboo.
Science has made progress enough to treat most of the conditions which includes solutions for infertility. In today’s article I would be telling you what a couple should do if they are facing male factor infertility. So, in this case the couple is recommended to go through IVF. But, before that let us first learn about IVF. IVF, also called as the In Vitro fertilization is a medical procedure where by an egg is fertilized in a test tube or else outside the body.
Some of the best ivf specialist in India describes the process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in a vitro (glass). The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman’s ovulatory process, removing an ovum or an ova (egg or eggs) from the ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a liquid laboratory. The fertilized egg (zygote) is cultured for 2-6 days in a growth medium, an embryo culture and is then transferred to the same or another woman’s uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy.
Now for most of married couples in our, infertility becomes a great deal especially because of the conservative society. The main challenge faced by the IVF specialists is convincing and preparing a patients mind set about the entire procedure. So given below are a few points by the top infertility doctors in India that needs to be first communicated with their parents:
- It is a very common phenomenon and affects almost 1 out of 6 couples.
- Conventional IVF can be time consuming- although the procedure takes just one hour the entire preparation to confirmation of pregnancy can take 4-5 weeks.
- There can be different types of IVF
- To make sure that the clinic gives the full breakdown cost before starting up with the process.
- In the fertility treatment, the younger the age, the better in terms of success rates.
- Success rates could be misleading
- The success rates of IVF are around 35%, meaning the patient might have to undergo a number of treatments.
- Frozen eggs or embryos are just as viable as fresh ones.
- Since most of the couples use more than one eggs, there are high rates that could lead to birth of twins or triplets or quadruplets. The patient has to be well aware of this fact.
So I hope this article includes all the necessary information about the IVF procedure. And also I would personally like to say there is no shame in having a baby by the process because no matter what, in the end you have a baby in your arms.